Monday, August 26, 2019

My Beloved Ah Gong

This date, 18.08.2019 (lunar calendar 七月十八), around 7.30pm was the date where I'm losing my beloved Ah Gong! All of us never know this will happened so fast. :(

I still remembered that when I am Standard 6, I wish to ride motorbike. Therefore, you are the one who taught me how to ride motorbike using your motorbike.Only you dare to sit behind me and guide me. During Ramadhan, you will bought drumstick for me and eldest brother. Thank you for your love, grandpa. I will keep all the memories with me and share with my kids next times!

I am not able to see you anymore on my next trip back to hometown. Normally, when I am back to hometown, I will go visit you, sometimes buy some kuih, gong piang and drumstick for you. Now, I don't have the chance to do it again. No more your charming smiles, and laughter. Why you did not wait for us. All of us already planned to go back to visit you but you left us without saying anything.

When I heard the news that it is too late, Ah gong is not there anymore, I really heart-ache and tears dropped non stop. I quickly go back home just to accompany you for the last time even though I know it is too late. When reached home, I can't control my tears when I see you lying there and I'm calling you but you did not answer me back. I can't accept it until the day of the funeral, I feel a bit better. After the funeral, we all gathered at ah gong house chit chatting just like you are still there with us and never leaves us.

Seriously, there are 2 things that make me feel heart-ache and regret whenever I think of it.

Ah Gong, we are already planning to celebrate your 80th birthday next year during Chinese New Year. However, this plan not able to proceed. Why you don't wait and so fast leave us? I never expect that this year is the last birthday celebration for you.



Secondly, I feel sorry to you that I'm not able to fulfil your wish. Your wish is to see me get married and attend my wedding dinner. You have been mumbling me most of the time when I am back home but I am keep delaying it until I have a firmed answer said it would be next year end. My father even bought the shirt for you to keep it for my wedding when he knows that Im going to marry soon. But now you do not have the chance to wear it for my wedding dinner. So, father let you wear it for the last chance. To be frank, I am very sad and feel sorry to you that not able to fulfil your wish and make you wait for so long until now no more chance. I keep on blaming myself why I did not persist with my own wish whereby to get married before 30 year old. If I'm persists, then you would have chance to attend my wedding. I can imagine your face expression, your smile when attending my wedding. Now, everytime when I think of you are not able to attend my wedding, I am very sad and my tears dropped because I'm blaming myself on this. I know you don't wish to see me like this but my tears can't hold it.

I miss you very much ah gong. You will be missed and I love you!

No comments: